Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010: Oh, What a Year!

2010 started off cold! We had so many days in a row of freezing weather...one day, I had to take some time to make a snowball with the frost on my car. Needless to say, this is not why I moved to Florida...thank goodness our cold days are nothing compared to the north. The cold weather is good for one thing: seeing the manatees at Blue Spring. They have to move more inland the colder it gets; unfortunately, they don't all survive. My family had a great time the day we went to see them...it really is quite the sight!

I went to my first gymnastics meet in the Spring...talk about a fun, and intense, experience. Taylor competed so well that day. I have loved watching Taylor and her sister Amber grow up...such a sweet family!

My favorite thing to photograph: nature, specifically butterflies. One picture I took in April really stood out. I love it! Another thing I love to photograph: new places I travel.

I had some amazing trips in 2010: Las Vegas (including the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam), the Panhandle of Florida, "Paris" (Las Vegas' version that is), Washington, D.C., and of course, Disney World. No pictures of D.C. made it into my "year in review" because well, I spent more time having fun while I was there (for a bachelor/bachelorette weekend) than I did taking pictures. But it was definitely memorable! :)

One picture that made it into my "year in review" post: the gorgeous oranges in a local grove. Just one of the many benefits of living in Florida...plenty of fresh produce all year long. As long as the cold weather doesn't stick around for long.

My final picture of 2010: the adorable wedding cake from my cousin's wedding. Not only was it delicious, it was also too cute for words. The wedding itself was gorgeous...beautiful weather, beautiful couple, lots of fun times. It was a wonderful way to end a fantastic year! All in all, two thumbs for 2010. Here's to a fabulous 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment