Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the beach review: part 2

so yesterday I posted that my family and I spent a week at the beach last summer. it really was AH-MA-ZING. honestly, most of my favorite memories involve my family and we definitely created some great ones last year. 

my cousin, C, was the official bartender at the beach house. and he sure took his job seriously. he created specific cocktails to go with each theme night. he quickly realized he would need some assistants and my two nephews were willing to do their part. that's right. my nephews, ages 8 and 4 (at the time), helped mix up cocktail drinks. I think it was a good experience for them. everything in moderation...right?

we also had a surprise wedding shower for my cousin E and her fiance (now husband), C. again, my nephews were right in the thick of it. I think my oldest nephew, K, enjoyed using his knowledge of sports, and specifically the Clemson Tigers, to create a unique tabletop display for the gifts. kids are really amazing sometimes. at any rate, those were just of the fun memories we all have from our trip. 

oh...our theme nights for the rest of the week. we had a birthday extravaganza one evening and a delicious fiesta another night. our final night was dinner at a local seafood shack...great stuff. seriously though...I'm ready to go back. at a moment's notice in fact. something to think about. 


















oh yeah, we did try to find some time to sleep...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment