Sunday, July 8, 2012

Highlights of the Week (#8)

okay, so last week I told you I'd be seeing Magic Mike and that was sure to be a HotW. well, I'm sad to say it didn't make the cut. don't get me wrong...there were some really good moments in the movie (it's a Channing Tatum movie, 'nuf said). it just wasn't quite was I was expecting. at the end of the day, I'm glad I saw it but don't feel the need to watch it again. 

I did see a movie I loved this week though and The Amazing Spiderman was definitely worthwhile. I would highly recommend it. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone have electric chemistry (obviously b/c they are dating in real life). and let's face it, most super-hero movies are just good fun. 

the 4th of July is always a great holiday and this year was no exception. the end. 

this week I was able to read quite a bit...yay! I love to read and am always adding to my "to read" list. I believe I'm currently around 150 books on my list. at any rate, right now I'm reading Joanne Fluke's tasty murders series. I like them because they're an easy read and she includes lots of yummy sounding recipes. if you're looking for a new author to try...check her out: Joanne Fluke...Murder She Baked

tomorrow I'll be getting up super early to take my mom to the airport. we're talking 4 a.m. here people. blech. thank goodness I can come home and go back to bed. anyway, she's super excited b/c she's going to visit my brother, sis-in-law, and two nephews. I am, of course, super jealous and wish I was going to but I'll just have to plan a trip at another time. :) and maybe not pick a flight that leaves so early in the morning!

happy living!

1 comment: