Sunday, July 15, 2012

Highlights of the Week (#9)

I have to say that this past week was probably one of the more relaxing ones I've had in awhile. in fact, there were a couple days I didn't even leave the house. ; ) I don't believe that'll be the case for my upcoming week. at any rate, let's get down to business and discuss my HotW:

1. met a friend at the movies to see People Like Us. I liked it. I absolutely love Elizabeth Banks and Chris Pine in pretty much anything they do so I had a feeling I would enjoy that movie. 

2. tried a new recipe using wonton wrappers. I made a version of these mini tacos. they were super yummy and incredibly easy. I think wonton wrappers might just be my new favorite thing to use in the kitchen. in fact, I'll be trying this recipe sometime in the next several days. I definitely think you should give this product a try. I promise it's worth it. 

3. my mom was having her house painted and yesterday I got to see the finished product. it looks soooo good. I love the colors she chose. it's pretty unbelievable how a fresh coat of paint can really make all the difference in the world. the house went from being a boring light beige, with even more boring off-white trim, to a beautiful blue with bright white trim and a cranberry front door. it looks super sharp. the front door color definitely has a richer tone once it's painted.

I plan on working on grad school applications this afternoon. although it's looking kind of stormy out right now so we'll see what happens. when it's rainy all I want to do is snuggle up on the couch and watch movies. 

have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment