Sunday, August 19, 2012

Highlights of the Week (#14)

whee!!! school starts tomorrow! after meeting my students on Friday I'm definitely eager to get this year underway. right now I have 13 students in my class (9 girls, 4 boys) and they're all completely adorable. it was great to have a whole week to get the room prepped and ready. my assistant and I are proud of what we've done and now the fun really starts. since this is a completely new situation for me, I'm anxious to get a few days under my belt and settle into a routine. I expect I'll be exhausted come Friday but that's a good thing for sure. 

I spent this afternoon catching up on shows from this past week. and since it's been a rainy, rainy afternoon it was a smart choice to save 'em up for today. I love having a dvr...being able to skip the commercials makes tv-watching much more enjoyable. 

there was a surprise baby shower today after church for our youth director and his wife. their little boy is about a month old and he's simply precious. so so cute. I wanted to hold him in the worst way but I feel a cold coming on so I thought I'd better hold off. there's nothing like being around a precious little newborn to make me want a baby of my very own. all in good time I suppose. 

blessings my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment