Sunday, August 5, 2012

Highlights of the Week (#12)

this past week was another busy one. watched a lot of the Olympics...so hard to avoid spoilers but that's just the way it is in this day and age. will be sad to see them end in a week but at least I'll get back to a more normal bedtime. especially because school will be starting up again; can't keep going to bed at midnight every. single. night. 

speaking of school, I got a new job this past week! I'll be teaching a VPK class at my church's preschool and I'm very excited. this should be a great experience and will definitely bring a new, and valuable, perspective going into grad school *assuming I get accepted somewhere that is ;)

how to possibly top getting a new job?! spending 3 days out and about shopping during the annual tax-free weekend of course! Friday was mostly about getting supplies for school. as any teacher will tell you, we are always buying supplies for our classroom and students. because sometimes it's necessary...and sometimes it's just fun! Saturday my mom, aunt, and I made our semi-annual trek to the ginormous Florida Mall in Orlando. we love shopping there and usually spend the entire day there. and we always go to the same stores, in the same order. such creatures of habit. today was a shorter shopping day (thank goodness...it's tiring and well, let's face it, I'm not made of $). I have to say though, today was probably the most successful shopping day for me. great bargains...great clothes. 

so this is officially now my last week of summer vacation and I plan to enjoy it to the max. have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment