Sunday, April 22, 2012

Highlights of the Week (#2)

it was an interesting week for me. glad it's over. wouldn't want to repeat it anytime soon. among my favorite things this past week: claiming my free birthday cupcakes from my absolute favorite cupcake place, Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly. if you live locally, you should totally check it out. follow the link for all the important details. 

let's see, I also enjoyed listening to The Hunger Games soundtrack on repeat. like, a lot repeat. it kind of makes me want to watch the movie over and over again. either that or read the book yet again. it's just so good. wanna listen? check this out:

and finally my definite favorite highlight from this past week: going to a local blueberry farm to pick some berries! I brought my mom with me today and we spent about an hour there. between the two of us we managed to pick about 3 and a half pounds of blueberries. I also sampled a glass of fresh, homemade blueberry/orange blossom lemonade. it was outstanding! I would love to find out the proprietor's recipe. at any rate, my mom also bought a homemade blueberry pie and I enjoyed a warm slice tonight as an after-dinner treat. so delish! again, if you live in the area you should definitely take time (soon though) to check out this local blueberry patch!

enjoy your week everyone and I hope you have plenty of highlights come your way!

1 comment:

  1. How fun ! I wish there was a place where I lived that I could do that. Iused to have so much fun picking them back at my parents house :)

    ReplyDelete