Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I enjoy being a tourist...

I just came back from a long weekend in DC. my cousin and her husband live in Arlington and they invited a bunch of us to visit for a few days. we spent most of Friday in the city playing tourists. it was J's first time in DC so he wanted to see all the major sites. the weather was chilly and the skies were overcast but we made the most of it. also, most of the cherry blossom trees were bare already because of the early spring. but we managed to see a few and they were quite beautiful. I thought I would share just a few of the pictures I took...

here's a view of the Capitol behind a cherry blossom tree



the next three pictures were taken inside the Botanic Garden center




after lunch in Chinatown we headed towards the White House...it's kinda big...haha


next up on our tour of the city, the WWII Memorial...I got the Washington Monument in the shot as well



we stopped to see the new Martin Luther King, Jr Memorial. all I can say is...powerful.



our last day there we drove out to the Air & Space Museum which was awesome. here's a photo the Enterprise rocket.



okay, so this final picture wasn't taken in DC. this is one of the baby birds that hatched while I was gone. their nest lives in one of the light fixtures by the garage. so cute!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment