Sunday, September 30, 2012

Highlights of the Week (#20)

boy was it a busy week. I had a cold at the beginning of the week which meant I spent more time resting than being productive. in fact, I was in bed before 9 one night...I can't even remember the last time I did that. but it definitely helped so that's the important thing.

wednesday evening I was scheduled to do recreation for children's choir at church and that's always a fun experience. the kids really just want to play outside on the playground equipment and that's fine with me. they always make me laugh which can be a great pick-me-up in the middle of the week. 

yesterday was the big 10-mile race I had signed up for at disney. my aunt and my cousin were both signed up as well and my mom was going along to be our supporter. well, I decided a couple weeks ago that I wasn't going to be able to do it. I figured I don't want to start anything if I can't finish it. and to be honest, I had not put forth the training efforts that I should have. so my goal (one of many) is to work hard so that next year I can sign up for this particular race again and complete it. I really want that medal. 

anyway, the weekend was still great because the four of us stayed at the boardwalk inn at disney and we had a lot of fun. did a little relaxing pre-race (which began at 10 pm) and Mom and I did our best to cheer them on when we finally saw them on the course...I think it was with just about a half mile left. after the race we could stay in the park (the studios) until 4 am and we almost made it till closing. needless to say, after a short night's sleep...we are all pretty tired today. my cousin's husband was flying in today and they are spending the week at another resort on disney property. lucky them. the rest of us...back to work tomorrow. 

here's hoping the kids treat us well!

1 comment:

  1. I am commenting as Anonymous though I do have a Google account. But I will bookmark this page and see if anyone replies.

    Didn't read your post. Just curious if everyone left Blogger after 2012-13 era.. *shrug*. I'd have loved to give a look at some of your 2023 post :)

    ReplyDelete