Sunday, September 2, 2012

Highlights of the Week (#16)

wow. it's september! I can't believe it...2012 is flying by. I love september for many reasons. college football starts up again (shout-out to my beloved Iowa Hawkeyes on their win yesterday!) and I know cooler weather is on it's way soon. well, not super soon seeing as I live in florida...but you know what I mean. I really love fall and must admit this is the time of year I miss living up north most. 

so now that we've finished our 2nd week of school I have to say I'm just loving my class. we've all settled into our daily routine and that helps immensely. they really are a good group of kids and just so cute! we had our first birthday on friday and I was really pleased with the way they behaved. let's hope I didn't just jinx things by bragging on them here. ; )

children's choir started up again at church this past wednesday. I am helping do recreation again and though we had a small group for the first week back, we really had a good time. I've already had requests to play dodge ball and I promised we would play that next time. they love playing dodge ball and let's face it, I do too. it reminds me of being a kid and sometimes it's a really good thing to relive those times. we all need a chance now and again to act like a kid. 

I'm cat/house-sitting for a few days for a friend of mine. she has two kitties and they're so sweet. I always enjoy being able to help my friends out and bonus: I get to pretend their pets are mine for a little while. pets have a way of relaxing me and that's definitely a good thing. 

have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment